Friday, June 19, 2009

How Long Do Human Live to?



Today i just saw this news from yahoo which is about the British World War OneHenry Allingham is the world's oldest man at 113 following the death of the previous holder of the title, Japan's Tomoji Tanabe, Guinness World Records said on Friday. This has enlightened and reminded me about what the BIBle said.

Genesis 6:3

Then the lord said," My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In future, they will live no more than 120 years."

Although this sounds sad or like a curse, yet i see it in a different way. It proves that God knows human more than we know ourselves. He lets us know how long do we live our lives even to the fullest, we are still having such a meager life. It is short. I am starting to count my blessing and how much do i really did to make it worthy. No matter what, thank God for i am healthy and still living.

I believe not a single wise man would be able to control his life nor age. We are just too fragile and weak. Man who lives without God lives his life like a blind man, walking in path among the crowd, heading no way and misleading by all those voices around. He knows something about God, but he is not ready for his kingdom and salvation. Well, so many voices around, how can he make his decision as he is blind. Even people who knows or believe in God would have eyes yet but cannot see and with ears but cannot listen...pathetic.

God, spare my life and let me be the humble servant of you. Give me the super "eyemore" so that i have eyes could see. Give me the super hearing device so that i have ears could listen. Give me wisdom so that words form my mouth bring benefits to others. Give me a humble heart, so that i lean not on my own understanding but you. In christ i pray, Amen.



1 comment:

  1. hehe.ya, i saw that news and articles too this morning..his secret? No smoking, no alcohol..Sadly he passed away dy..coz he still look very healthy despite his chronic heart disease..wish i can live that long too..Dont you?

    ReplyDelete